Everest PTO is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to strengthen, enhance, and encourage the educational and social environment of Everest Academy. Its goals are to complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers, and students to learn, socialize, communicate, and grow.
HOME | Everest-PTO
- About Us
- Our Purpose
- Our Goals
- How to Get Involved
- PTO Team
- Our Impact
- Contact Us
- Our Programs
- Stay Informed
Our Purpose (Source: PTO Bylaws)
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, teachers, school administration, and the community
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for students at the school
- Assist in expanding technology and supplementing equipment and supplies
- Offer support to increase student health, welfare, safety, and security
- Support the school in developing programs and projects that will enrich the curriculum
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school projects, such as those that fall outside the school budget
- Organize events to foster school-parent collaboration
- Fundraise for enrichment activities and small school improvement efforts
- Provide support to staff to improve students’ learning experience
- Encourage and nurture a strong sense of community within Everest Academy
How to Get Involved
- Join the Everest Academy PTO Facebook page
- Follow Everest Academy on Instagram
- Attend monthly PTO meetings
- Ask if there are any board positions open
- Share our donations and campaign pages on social media or directly with friends, family, and co-workers
- Help with our fundraising efforts and organization throughout the year to help us meet our goals
Welcome to the 2023 PTO Team
My name is Maliha Saeed Saleem and I have been an Everest parent for the past seven years. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics & Industrial Relations from the University of Toronto, Canada. I have experience planning, organizing, developing and conducting student leadership workshops at the University of Toronto and Rice University. In addition to that, I have also worked as a Compliance Analyst for three years at Neighborhood Centers Inc., a local Houston based non-profit. Everest Academy holds a very special place in my heart and seeing it grow in the past couple of years has been very reassuring and gives us parents a great piece of mind knowing that our kids are in a protected Islamic environment. My two beautiful kids, Nyle and Hannah have taught us so much about life and Islam while being students at Everest Academy and we couldn’t be prouder of them. Ranging from the extracurricular activities to the academics, Everest Academy stands out in bringing out the best possible opportunities for students, parents and teachers. I am honored to be selected as the PTO President for the academic year 2022-23 and I hope that I live up to everyone’s expectations. Teamwork is dream work and together with my amazing team, Insha’Allah I am positive we will have a fun filled year ahead.
My name is Summer Masood. I have been a proud parent of Everest Academy and a PTO member since 2011. I am the elected Vice President for 2022-23. Looking forward to working with parents, PTO to help and improve our school. InshaAllah I hope we will work together as a team and support each other.
My name is Gaukhar Sembayeva. I have been an Everest parent for 3 years. My son Adam is in 5th grade and my daughter Amelia is in 3rd grade. We love our school, caring teachers and admins, good environment and our community. Originally I am from Kazakhstan, have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, used to work on TV as a correspondent. I love all about video production, communication, and social media. I join the PTO team to help make our school better and our community more united and active inshAllah.
This is Mayasim Bajammal, a mother of two kids. My oldest Alma is in 3rd grade at Everest Alhamdulillah. I had the pleasure to be a member of the Everest family last year. I have a bachelor’s degree in Family and Child Studies major with a concentration of Applied Child Development. I’ve been elected to be the Treasurer for the PTO this school year. I’m looking forward to work with you and to be a helpful member in Everest community.
We would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries or questions. You can also submit your queries using the form below:
Parents can sign up their child/children to receive pizza for Friday lunch from January 6-May 19,2023. Please fill out this form and submit payment. The deadline to enroll your child is December 10, 2022. A $10 late fee will be applied to forms received after the due date. There will be no refund if your child is not present on Friday (pizza day). If you have more than one child enrolled, please complete separate online forms for each child.
Scholastic Book Fair
Teacher Appreciation Week
Giving Tuesday Facebook Match
Make an online donation now and help our school grow. Donations are greatly appreciated and will be used for activities, resources, and opportunities for the Everest Academy community.